Subject: bug#43099: related bug

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 17:41:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 01:01:42AM -0500, Daniel Sutton wrote:
> I believe bug 3248 ( https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32438 )
> is related. Its discussing similar behavior in shell-mode which is comint
> based.

In that thread Charles traced it to this commit:

  commit 2b0a91e78f83fb446cc38efb99399e83ad2cded3
  Author: Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca>
  Date:   Mon Apr 12 22:07:48 2010 -0400

      Try to solve the problem of spurious EOF chars in long lines of text
      sent to interactive subprocesses.
      * sysdep.c (child_setup_tty): Do not enable ICANON any more.
      (system_process_attributes): Remove unused var `ttotal'.
      * process.c (send_process): Don't bother breaking long line with EOF
      chars when talking to ttys any more.
      (wait_reading_process_output): Output a warning when called in such
      a way that it could block without being interruptible.

so I've cc'd Stefan in, even though it was a long time ago, in case he
has any insight.
-- 
Alan Third