Subject: Re: [bug#43096] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-erc-status-sidebar: Update to 0.1-2.b589b742.

From: Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 03:29:48 +0200

Hey Brett, hey Tobias,

Brett Gilio <[email-masked]> writes:
>> It's kind of a weird case where it is both? The LICENSE file has always
>> been GPL3, but the code header erroneously stated it as expat-style.
>>
>> https://github.com/drewbarbs/erc-status-sidebar/commit/b589b74245591257c9e666bd5cd25812e04b7a34
>>
>> I kind of lean on the side of a separate patch since the license never
>> really changed, but was an error both upstream and on our end as well.
>>
>> Brett Gilio
>
> Actually, the change of commits may not be necessary at all. There is no
> code changes between the commits, and the license file is intact.
>

Ok, here are 2 patches, one for the license and one for removing
emacs-seq:

From 340699d5ceb2db40824a403399556536f2e07e23 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 02:48:32 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: emacs-erc-status-sidebar: Correct license.

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-erc-status-sidebar)[license]: Set to GPL3+.
---
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index ff789ffedf..9975fc8366 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -3509,7 +3509,7 @@ IRC bouncer with ERC.")
 ERC, an Emacs client for IRC (Internet Relay Chat).  It relies on the
 @code{erc-track} module, and displays all the same information
 @code{erc-track} does in the mode line, but in an alternative format.")
-      (license license:expat))))
+      (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-shut-up
   (package
-- 
2.28.0

From 028021a0654c3a82d951ec991d63d392c421324d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 03:03:48 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: emacs-erc-status-sidebar: Fix for emacs27.

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-erc-status-sidebar)[propagated-inputs]: remove emacs-seq.

This package works well with the seq library that is provided with emacs.
Current emacs-seq (0.20) is broken for emacs27. A fix seems on it's
way: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-08/msg00996.html
---
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index 9975fc8366..a2427112aa 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -3501,7 +3501,6 @@ IRC bouncer with ERC.")
          (sha256
           (base32 "1hwlhzgx03z8891sblz56zdp8zj0izh72kxykgcnz5rrkyc3vfi3"))))
       (build-system emacs-build-system)
-      (propagated-inputs `(("emacs-seq" ,emacs-seq)))
       (home-page "https://github.com/drewbarbs/erc-status-sidebar")
       (synopsis "Hexchat-like activity overview for ERC channels")
       (description
-- 
2.28.0

-- 
"How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are for. I only
coded it."
(Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting)