Subject: Re: bug#43087: [PATCH] gnu: emacs: Strip double wrap.

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 16:25:48 +0200

Am Samstag, den 29.08.2020, 16:04 +0200 schrieb Mathieu Othacehe:
> Hey Leo,
> 
> > Pushed, thanks!
> 
> I did revert this commit because it causes several regressions for
> me. For some reason, "notmuch" and "emacs-guix" packages do not build
It seems this is because the phase inadvertently gets propagated to
emacs-minimal et al. just like the restore-pdmp phase.  We could just
delete it where not needed, but perhaps there's a better way of doing
that.  I think we should make emacs-minimal the base package and have
every other emacs package inherit it, so as to not cause too much
cross-pollution.

> and Emacs refuses to load any package.
I don't exactly know, what you mean by that.  Putting aside the
bootstrapping problem of building the package [since emacs-minimal is
broken], I have no issue running this emacs-next with EMACSLOADPATH
already set from my profile.  

> Could you have a look?
I'm on it ;)