Subject: bug#43078: linux-libre-arm64-generic lacks CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 17:58:21 -0400

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 01:52:58AM +0700, Vitaliy Shatrov wrote:
> Hello Guix.
> 
> I:
>    1. had linux-libre-arm64-generic as my kernel.
>    2. added only (elogind-service-type) to my Guix System's config.
>    3. ran `guix system reconfigure`.
>    4. get some errors: "///sys/something/freezer cannot be something".
>    5. rebooted, and were unable to log-in (get no prompt).
> 
> The issue was solved by using the same linux-libre-arm64-generic, but
> customized: i set a 'CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y' in kconfig.

This option is enabled in all of our kernel configurations:

------
$ git grep CGROUP_FREEZER
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.14-arm.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.14-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.14-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-arm.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-arm64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.4-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.4-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.9-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.9-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.4-arm.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.4-arm64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.4-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.4-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.7-arm.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.7-arm64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.7-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.7-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.8-arm.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.8-arm64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.8-i686.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.8-x86_64.conf:CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
------