Subject: Re: bug#43073: Trim/hide full email headers on debbugs

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 00:58:10 -0400

Bob Proulx wrote:

> I also note that there is nothing new under the sun.  This is really a
> duplicate of the upstream BTS Debian Bug#63995.
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/63995

I would say it is kind of new, since I don't recall seeing the specific
complaint "I object to full email headers being shown" before.

IMO debbugs.gnu.org is a bit better than bugs.debian.org in this area,
since the former does at least basic email obscuration, and in fact
tries to totally remove email addresses from the static pages such as
https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/39/39688.html (which are the ones indexed by
search engines). I think a better link for that ara would be
https://debbugs.gnu.org/14811

I don't see much value in having the full headers in the static db
pages, so it seems fine to me if someone wants to remove them. (Obviously
they will remain in the downloadable mbox files.) But debbugs.gnu.org
development is moribund.