Subject: bug#43073: Trim/hide full email headers on debbugs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 16:22:58 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ludovic,

>> Might be an idea, yes. But what we need more urgent are people working
>> on the debbugs server part. Most of us, except Bob, are kind of retired.
>
> Understood.  There are quite many volunteers in the projects that rely
> on bugs.gnu.org, some of which might be willing to help.  How would you
> go about recruiting them?

Asking on the [email-masked] ML?

> I think the first step is to start from a “clean state”, making sure
> bugs.gnu.org runs software that’s under version control; without that,
> it may be hard to get people to even take a look.

That's the plan, indeed. Bob has already set up another machine from
scratch, debbugs2p.gnu.org. It is waiting for being activated, but
nobody has done it yet. (Bob, pls correct me if I tell a wrong status).

> Someone imported that GNU Debbugs modifications to a VCS repo some time
> ago.  Is that repo still up-to-date?  Is bugs.gnu.org running a checkout
> of that repo?

That was Noam. Unfortunately, he is silent, and doesn't react. I have
asked him some weeks ago about the status of this repo.

I guess it wouldn't take to long to check this repo, and to bring it
up-to-date. I have a local clone of it, which shall have followed the
latest changes as much as I am aware of.

> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Best regards, Michael.