Subject: Re: Enable WebKit sandboxing

From: Jimmy Aguilar Mena <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 20:14:25 +0200

It looks fine for me.

Maybe it should be added as a security patch for the 27.* branch.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 at 15:14, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Qiantan Hong suggested that Emacs should enable sandboxing in WebKit, for
> all
> the usual security reasons. (Thanks, Qiantan!)
>
> Attached is a proposed patch to implement that suggestion; it's a bit
> fancier
> than what Qiantan originally proposed in
> <https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2020-08/msg00896.html> because it
> checks
> that WebKit 2.26 or later is in use, and it avoids a duplicate call to
> webkit_web_context_get_default. I'm cc'ing this to Qiantan and to other
> recent
> committers to xwidget.c, to get their opinions.
>