Subject: Re: bug#43058: 27.1; Support for other colour font formats

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:05:19 +0900

On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:03:22 +0900,
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > In principle, some other fonts whose formats can be handled by the
> > current Emacs and cairo might have been inadvertently rejected
> > (althogh I don't have any concrete examples).
> > 
> > Also, the latest version of OpenMoji Color no longer has the average
> > width problem.  So, it is not rejected even without the patch, and its
> > glyphs are not displayed on the current Emacs and cairo anyway.
> 
> OK, thanks.  I think on balance this means we should install this, so
> please push to the master branch.

Done.  According to Peter, the patch enables us to display some COLRv0
variant of OpenMoji Color font on Emacs.  (I also confirmed that with
cairo 1.17.4).  So closing the bug.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]