Subject: bug#43052: closed (Re: bug#43052: tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name failure on RHEL 7.8)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 19:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43052: tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name failure on RHEL 7.8

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43052: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43052
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43052: tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name failure on RHEL 7.8
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:22:04 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 8/28/20 10:57 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Anyway, I've fixed this on master. Could you, pls, check?

Works for me, thanks. Closing the bug report.

Subject: tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name failure on RHEL 7.8
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs bug reports and feature requests <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 18:49:48 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Found via 'make check'. tramp-tests.log says this:

Test tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name backtrace:
   signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-equal (substitute-in-file-n
   ert-fail(((should (string-equal (substitute-in-file-name "/method:ho
   #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x102d86f262b5727f>)()
   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name
   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
   ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
   ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests" "--
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name condition:
     (ert-test-failed
      ((should
        (string-equal
	(substitute-in-file-name "/method:host://~foo")
	"/~foo"))
       :form
       (string-equal "~foo" "/~foo")
       :value nil))
    FAILED   7/47  tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name (0.011468 sec)

This is Emacs master on RHEL 7.8 x86-64, atop an NFS filesystem. The same test 
works OK on Fedora 31 x86-64 atop a local filesystem. Here are more details 
about the failing system.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo 
version 1.15.12)
  of 2020-08-25 built on lnxsrv10.seas.ucla.edu
Repository revision: d4b5dff48297faec67291c95f8831a3d84f87460
Repository branch: master
System Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --enable-gcc-warnings --with-gif=ifavailable'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
   value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: C
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils eieio-opt cl-extra
speedbar ezimage dframe find-func help-fns radix-tree help-mode
tramp-cache tramp-sh thingatpt grep compile misearch multi-isearch
bug-reference tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map seq vc-git
diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode cl-loaddefs cl-lib term/xterm xterm
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv whitespace tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93111 8832)
  (symbols 48 10020 1)
  (strings 32 30564 1862)
  (string-bytes 1 1082475)
  (vectors 16 15247)
  (vector-slots 8 175491 6476)
  (floats 8 53 475)
  (intervals 56 1693 128)
  (buffers 992 16)
  (heap 1024 6704 893))