Subject: Re: bug#43052: tramp-test04-substitute-in-file-name failure on RHEL 7.8

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:45:52 +0200

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Paul,

>> Could you pls apply the appended patch to tramp-tests.el? Then run
>> # make -C test tramp-tests.log SELECTOR='"04"'
>> I would like to see tramp-tests.log.
>
> OK, here it is (compressed). This is with commit
> 0bbc84630f12e848e19c39dce01f3d14559bf70b, and with the patch you sent
> applied.

Thanks. There's nothing suspicious with Tramp in these traces.

What is the result of (substitute-in-file-name "/~foo") on that machine?
Do you happen to have a user "foo" on that machine? Because there's a
difference:

(substitute-in-file-name "/~root")
=> "~root"

(substitute-in-file-name "/~roott")
=> "/~roott"

Best regards, Michael.