Subject: Re: guix installation why internet connection required?

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 11:58:35 +0100

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry I don't understand the problem, could you expand please?
>
> The guix (and daemon) versione are those of the channel used when
> creating the install .iso image; booting the 1.40 installer we get a
> "guix version" and "guix describe" value of 989a391...

Not exactly, to include Guix inside the installer image, it somehow
needs to refer to itself.  The way it used to be done was by using the
`guix` package, which necessarily is older than the current commit.
However, we also implemented the `current-guix` hack that basically uses
a guix checkout at the current guix version as the source for the guix
package.  In both cases though, we shouldn't see any differences in
other package's derivations…

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret