Subject: bug#43047: 28.0.50; Closing Gnus server then searching it results in unrecoverable breakage

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:57:12 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "NPR/imaps Name or service not known")
>>>   make-network-process(:name "*nnimap*" :buffer #<buffer *nnimap NPR
>>> nil *nntpd**> :host "NPR" :service "imaps" :nowait nil :tls-parameters
>>> nil :coding nil)
>>
>> Reading this bug report, it's somewhat unclear what the problem is.  Is
>> "NPR" really the name of the server you're connecting to, or is that the
>> problem?  That Gnus is trying to connect to "NPR"?
>
> Yes, the server is correct: nnimap+NPR. Once I get that error above, I
> can't reconnect, and get the same error for all nnimap backends.

But is "NPR" the domain name of the server you're trying to connect to?
Or is it the Gnus server name?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no