Subject: Re: bug#43019: Bundle modus-operandi-theme and modus-vivendi-theme with Emacs

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:03:46 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2020-08-24, 14:47 +0300]:

>> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 07:33:35 -0400
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> On GNU ELPA, we have the package modus-operandi-theme and
>> modus-vivendi-theme.  I've been using them for a while now, and find
>> they are of high quality and with good coverage of faces also in
>> third-party packages.
>> 
>> Please consider bundling them with Emacs by default.
>
> Why are they on ELPA to begin with?

They are on GNU ELPA to make it easier for users to install them without
having to configure their package archives.

> There should be no problem adding this to Emacs, but the author needs
> to explicitly say he donates the code to Emacs.

I am fine with contributing them to Emacs.  Thanks!  Do I need to sign
some extra paper or something?

In technical terms, how would this affect their development?  Do I need
to change their git repo to some other source?  How will new
commits/releases be synced with Emacs?  Would development be shared with
emacs-devel or some other mailing list?

Sorry for the questions: I am just fairly new to this.  At any rate, I
am willing to contribute them and will adapt accordingly.

Best regards,
Prot

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com