Subject: Re: bug#43019: Bundle modus-operandi-theme and modus-vivendi-theme with Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:09:02 +0300

> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:03:46 +0300
> 
> > There should be no problem adding this to Emacs, but the author needs
> > to explicitly say he donates the code to Emacs.
> 
> I am fine with contributing them to Emacs.  Thanks!  Do I need to sign
> some extra paper or something?

No, I think this email message is enough.  Thanks.

> In technical terms, how would this affect their development?  Do I need
> to change their git repo to some other source?  How will new
> commits/releases be synced with Emacs?  Would development be shared with
> emacs-devel or some other mailing list?

>From my POV, the ideal arrangement would be for you to tell us when to
sync the version in Emacs, or maybe even push the changes yourself.

> Sorry for the questions: I am just fairly new to this.

No need to apologize, the questions are all well taken.