Subject: bug#43017: closed (Re: bug#43017: 27.1; Screen display error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 19:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#43017: 27.1; Screen display error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
43017: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=43017
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#43017: 27.1; Screen display error
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Yu Fang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 21:51:46 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 05:30:19PM +0800, Yu Fang wrote:
> While moving cursor in frame, part or whole frame will become
> blank. Emacs 26 have same bug, Emacs 25 is ok.

Unfortunately this is due to a change in macOS 10.14 which took us a
very long time to work out.

Emacs 28 has a fix, but for Emacs 27 I'm afraid you'll just have to
force the screen to redraw whenever it happens.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 27.1; Screen display error
From: Yu Fang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 17:30:19 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--
While moving cursor in frame, part or whole frame will become
blank. Emacs 26 have same bug, Emacs 25 is ok.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
 of 2020-08-12 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.5

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/fangyu/.eshell/alias
Saving file /Users/fangyu/.eshell/alias...
Wrote /Users/fangyu/.eshell/alias
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading of snippets successfully.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Package cl is deprecated
next-line: End of buffer
auto trimmed 0 chars
next-line: End of buffer [5 times]
<right-fringe> <drag-mouse-1> is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  linum-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  column-enforce-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  helm-gtags-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-ff-cache-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  highlight-symbol-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  workgroups-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
backtrace helm-info zygospore linum goto-addr column-enforce-mode
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-template company-capf company-cmake company-bbdb
company-c-headers server function-args semantic-directory semantic/ia
semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/senator
semantic/decorate semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/ctxt
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw cedet ivy
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir unicad duplicate-thing iedit iedit-lib anzu
smartparens-config smartparens-text smartparens-python smartparens-c
smartparens dtrt-indent volatile-highlights delsel setup-editing
setup-helm-gtags helm-gtags pulse which-func setup-helm helm-mode
helm-files helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-types
helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm
async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config setup-help
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow color highlight-symbol setup-faces-and-ui
winner setup-environment setup-development vc-svn cl em-alias esh-mode
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util setup-applications slime-company company
slime-banner slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline pp hyperspec
python-el-fgallina-expansions python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec php-auto-yasnippets
yasnippet php-mode mode-local imenu speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
etags fileloop generator xref project cc-langs cc-mode-expansions
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs php-face php php-project flymake-proc flymake warnings
ws-butler clean-aindent-mode flycheck find-func rx diff-hl vc-dir ewoc
vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode compile setup-programming setup-communication
shell-pop term disp-table comint ansi-color ehelp setup-external
saveplace setup-data setup-text ztree-dir ztree-diff easy-mmode
ztree-diff-model ztree-view ztree-util recentf-ext recentf tree-widget
wid-edit wdired dired-x dired dired-loaddefs setup-files expand-region
text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt expand-region-core
expand-region-custom windmove hl-line autorevert filenotify
setup-convenience mylib custom-built-in-functions pcase cl-extra
help-mode workgroups2 advice ring dash grandshell-theme finder-inf
edmacro kmacro slime-autoloads w3m-load info package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 364570 261463)
 (symbols 48 35491 6)
 (strings 32 107884 27462)
 (string-bytes 1 3710839)
 (vectors 16 53606)
 (vector-slots 8 729597 204068)
 (floats 8 406 572)
 (intervals 56 508 520)
 (buffers 1000 14))