Subject: Re: bug#43014: Install license files to all outputs

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 23:17:04 +0200

Hi,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> It seems to me that the license file(s) should be installed to all the
> outputs.

Isn’t it already happening, at least with ‘gnu-build-system’?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ for i in $(guix build guile -v0) ; do ls -d $i/share/doc/*/* ; done
/gnu/store/wyflz3f6bvrmy68zjzay7s2liz4idkks-guile-3.0.4-debug/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/COPYING
/gnu/store/wyflz3f6bvrmy68zjzay7s2liz4idkks-guile-3.0.4-debug/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/COPYING.LESSER
/gnu/store/wyflz3f6bvrmy68zjzay7s2liz4idkks-guile-3.0.4-debug/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/LICENSE
/gnu/store/ah16zr8mmfkqy23rr7jy5a842ca1q9h1-guile-3.0.4/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/COPYING
/gnu/store/ah16zr8mmfkqy23rr7jy5a842ca1q9h1-guile-3.0.4/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/COPYING.LESSER
/gnu/store/ah16zr8mmfkqy23rr7jy5a842ca1q9h1-guile-3.0.4/share/doc/guile-3.0.4/LICENSE
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Perhaps there are corner cases or an issue specific to
‘ghc-build-system’?

Ludo’.