Subject: System reconfigure: expection reached when executing `start` on "file-system-/sys/kernel/debug" // and an unrelated"nouveau"-bug?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 09:34:33 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm recently running into problems updating my system. I had not 
reconfigured for a while (1~2 months) and now, when I reconfigure, I get 
the error message below.
At first I thought it might be related to a specific guix commit, but I 
have now tried four times over the course of 2 weeks, and I always get 
the same error.

Strangely enough, the only reason why I noticed something is not right 
is that nouveau's displaying behaviour would be weird after updating.
That is, it seems to either have changed my desktop resolution or 
applied a form of magnification on all text displayed (sddm, terminal, 
...)
I have no actual clue if these two things are related to each other AT 
ALL. I was just confused, because if they were totally unrelated,
I would struggle to understand why these two things happen concurrently 
;-)

While the error message is in german, I believe to have translated the 
more important chunks in the Subject field.

##### error message #####
guix system: Bootloader erfolgreich auf „/dev/sdb“ installiert
guix system: error: Ausnahme aufgetreten bei der Ausführung von „start“ 
auf Dienst „file-system-/sys/kernel/debug“:
Throw to key `match-error' with args `("match" "no matching pattern" 
("none" "/sys/kernel/debug" "debugfs" () #f #f #f))'.
#######################

As always, any help is appreciated. One good thing is that I finally 
learn the virtues of roll-back and switch-generation :)

Have a good day,
Olivier