Subject: bug#43003: 28.0.50; comint-password-prompt-regexp too restrictive

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 14:27:41 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> So this bug report is basically a plea to change the default value of
> comint-password-prompt-regexp to be the same as that of
> eshell-password-prompt-regexp.  Or is there a good reason not to do
> this?

The difference is that the former looks for something like "enter"
before something like "password:", while the latter is just looking for
variations of "password:"?

My guess would be that the latter would have more false positives...
but you'd think those would be pretty rare.  I can't imagine many people
having shells with prompts like "Type your user name here but definitely
not your password:".

So I think replacing the former with the latter might work, but comint
is very old code, so perhaps it supports older shells better here...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no