Subject: bug#42994: closed (bug#42994: 27.1; json-serialize unable to serialize JSON values)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 13:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42994: 27.1; json-serialize unable to serialize JSON values

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42994: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42994
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#42994: 27.1; json-serialize unable to serialize JSON values
From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:40:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I’ve now fixed this with commit 625de7e403.

Subject: 27.1; json-serialize unable to serialize JSON values
From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 13:24:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

According to the [JSON spec](https://www.json.org/json-en.html),
everything is a value and every value is a valid JSON, which means
literal string, numbers, and true, false and null are also valid JSON
values, but `json-serialize` is unable to serialize literals. This is
wrong and behaviorialy different from the elisp-based `json-encode`.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.6 (Build 19G2021))
 of 2020-08-16 built on MobileCat.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.6

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Saving file /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-eslint.el...
Wrote /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-eslint.el
Generating autoloads for /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-eslint.el...done
Saving file /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-mode-autoloads.el...
Wrote /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-mode-autoloads.el
Wrote /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/lsp-mode-20200822.1926/lsp-eslint.el (byte-compiling failed)
"true"
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-dbus --without-gconf
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-gpm --with-gnutls
 --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
 /opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-ns --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-lcms2 --with-png --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-harfbuzz
 --without-imagemagick --without-rsvg --without-xaw3d --with-rsvg
 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk -arch
 x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  company-fuzzy-mode: t
  company-statistics-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  elisp-def-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  form-feed-mode: t
  beginend-prog-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  imenu-list-minor-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: deferred
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  crm-custom-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  rxt-global-mode: t
  rxt-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  poetry-tracking-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  global-tree-sitter-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  global-move-dup-mode: t
  move-dup-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  auto-compile-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/xref-1.0.2/xref hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xref
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.1/project hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/project
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.0.9/flymake hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.8.0/eldoc hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail jka-compr jsonrpc helpful trace
edebug info-look elisp-refs warnings cl-print iso-transl profiler
two-column eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
visual-regexp-steroids visual-regexp misearch multi-isearch autoload
undo-fu expand-region subword-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions
cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions ruby-mode-expansions
python-el-fgallina-expansions js-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom dired-hide-dotfiles vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired dired-collapse
dired-hacks-utils lsp-completion lsp-diagnostics lsp-modeline vc-git
flycheck-pos-tip flycheck-pyre python-black py-isort python-docstring
smartparens-python python tramp-sh docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp
company-fuzzy company-statistics company-quickhelp pos-tip
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-yasnippet company-capf
company-emoji company-emoji-list company-files company-cmake
company-clang company-semantic company-template company-bbdb
rainbow-mode elisp-def ert debug backtrace display-line-numbers
cap-words superword subword smartparens-config smartparens-javascript
smartparens-ruby smartparens-org smartparens-markdown smartparens-text
smartparens-c form-feed editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch solarized-dark-theme solarized-theme solarized
solarized-faces spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline
powerline-separators powerline-themes hideshow beginend window-purpose-x
shut-up window-purpose window-purpose-fixes
window-purpose-prefix-overload window-purpose-switch
window-purpose-layout window-purpose-core window-purpose-configuration
eieio-compat window-purpose-utils imenu-list windmove magit-lfs
magit-todos hl-todo org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs forge-list forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck
forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github
ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub let-alist gnutls forge-notify
forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue forge-topic bug-reference
forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite
emacsql emacsql-compiler url-http url-auth url-gw diff-hl-flydiff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dumb-jump popup rg rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result
wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header projectile-rails rake inflections
inf-ruby ruby-mode smie autoinsert swift-mode swift-mode-imenu
swift-mode-repl swift-mode-beginning-of-defun swift-mode-font-lock
swift-mode-standard-types swift-mode-indent swift-mode-lexer yard-mode
poly-markdown polymode poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave
polymode-export polymode-compat polymode-methods polymode-core
polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base json-mode json-reformat
json-snatcher js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs reformatter flycheck-objc-clang
cl-lib-highlight eterm-256color term disp-table ehelp xterm-color
native-complete company-lsp dap-lldb dap-mouse dap-ui dap-ui-repl
lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-extensions treemacs-persistence treemacs-mouse-interface
treemacs-tag-follow-mode treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-tags
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture ace-window
avy treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi gud
bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-python dap-mode dap-launch dap-variables posframe
dap-overlays lsp-sourcekit lsp-jedi lsp lsp-mode lsp-protocol xref
project spinner network-stream nsm markdown-mode color noutline outline
lv inline ht f dash-functional bindat tree-sitter-langs
tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap pp tree-sitter-hl yasnippet-snippets yasnippet
parse-time iso8601 crm-custom pager-default-keybindings pager
browse-kill-ring delight use-package-bind-key use-package-delight
osx-trash bind-key exec-path-from-shell quelpa-use-package
use-package-core quelpa lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree winner which-key
smooth-scrolling smartparens paren savehist saveplace pcre2el rxt
re-builder recentf tree-widget poetry projectile grep compile ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util mb-depth
ido-vertical-mode ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit wid-edit
minibuf-eldef icomplete-vertical help-at-pt whitespace-cleanup-mode
whitespace tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tree-sitter-core
tree-sitter-dyn tree-sitter-dyn-get dired-aux origami origami-parsers
move-dup magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
log-edit message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor cl-extra
shell pcomplete comint ring server hl-line flycheck ansi-color find-func
help-mode dash diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode
company pcase flx-ido flx ido icomplete editorconfig desktop frameset
delsel auto-compile packed async-bytecomp advice async amx s cus-start
cus-load finder-inf edmacro kmacro rx cl info package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1236869 771381)
 (symbols 48 59754 2)
 (strings 32 260694 133068)
 (string-bytes 1 7820521)
 (vectors 16 170769)
 (vector-slots 8 3445026 490372)
 (floats 8 7257 9604)
 (intervals 56 44394 28183)
 (buffers 1000 76))