Subject: bug#42991: Rust support

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:04:05 +0200

[email-masked] writes:

> On 2020-08-23 02:04, Alexander Summers wrote:
>> Are their any plans to add Rust-specific features in Emacs? It would
>> be nice to have a built-in compiler as well as syntax highlighting.
>> Thanks,
>> Alexander Summers
>
> There are two Emacs modes for Rust already (rust-mode and
> rustic). Neither are under GPL and both have a lot of contributors, so
> getting those into the Emacs distribution would be an uphill struggle.

And rust-mode is on Melpa, so users can just install it via M-x
list-packages, if they want to.

So I don't think there's much scope for working on this in this bug
report, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no