Subject: bug#42982: Emacs manual suggestion

From: Alexander Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 03:43:08 -0400

Apologies, after considering my previous email and confirming it with
research, I learned that the 'c' abbreviation is for the "control" key, not
shift. I am new to Emacs so I had a brief lapse of judgement.

I suppose my last email was self-demonstrative ;)

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020, 3:38 AM Alexander Summers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> In the preface to the Emacs manual, it is recommended that the reader
> first access the tutorial with "C-h t". However, I'm not sure if the target
> audience for that particular paragraph will know what that means -- that
> is, to hold down Shift and h, release, and then type 't'. I am concerned
> this instruction might confuse them.
>
> Also, it seems the HTML version is missing this preface entirely. Why is
> that the case?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander Summers
>