Subject: bug#42979: Some kde games are outdated

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 11:28:56 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 at 15:33, Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The following KDE games fail to build:
>
> kblocks
> kdiamond
> kigo
> klines
> kollision
> lskat
>
> The upstream git repositories all have tags for version 20.8.0, but there are
> no source tarballs in the mirrors.

Using Guix 3694c0d, the version is now 20.12.0 and
https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org provides all the substitutes.  Note that
“guix build --check” works fine too.

BTW, this

  $ guix gc -D $(guix build <pkg> -S)
  $ guix build <pkg> -S --no-substitutes

also works fine.  In my case, downloading from
<http://download.kde.org/stable/release-service/>.

Indeed the sources of 20.8.0 does not seem available upstream.
However, this version was not in Guix, AFAIK.  For instance,

  git log --grep=kigo

does not display a commit updating from 19.08.3 to 20.8.0.  The only
update is from 19.08.3 (d685f86054..f114a689e7) to 20.12.0
(908e48f7dd..3cd53b4500).  The version 19.08.3 seems removed from
upstream but we cannot do more; this source is still on ci.guix.gnu.org
and should be transparently available via Disarchive.

Well, I am in favor to close this bug.  WDYT?

All the best,
simon