Subject: bug#42974: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] keymap not currently defined in describe-mode result

From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 09:27:32 -0700

As of commit c818c29771d3cb51875643b2f6c894073e429dd2, M-x m
(describe-mode) does not show the key bindings.  Instead, it shows
something like (in this case in shell mode) "Uses keymap
‘shell-mode-map’, which is not currently defined."

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-21 built on debian
Repository revision: c818c29771d3cb51875643b2f6c894073e429dd2
Repository branch: native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-nativecomp'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS JSON
PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
misearch multi-isearch cl-extra seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv help-fns radix-tree help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib info easymenu
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face pcase macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 65463 7665)
 (symbols 48 7070 0)
 (strings 32 20844 1600)
 (string-bytes 1 880416)
 (vectors 16 12438)
 (vector-slots 8 271221 15875)
 (floats 8 38 23)
 (intervals 56 502 0)
 (buffers 992 13))