Subject: snow leopard + latest cvs break compile

From: Mario Lassnig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:54:59 +0200

Hi all,

I get the following compile error on snow leopard with ./configure
--with-ns; make

Cheers,
Mario

Mario@hep33:~/Development/emacs$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Mario@hep33:~/Development/emacs$ make
cd lib-src; make all                            \
	  CC='gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib' CFLAGS='-g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign
' CPPFLAGS='' \
	  LDFLAGS='' MAKE='make'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
	if [ ! -x "src/$boot" ]; then                                     \
	    cd src; make all                                    \
	      CC='gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib' CFLAGS='-g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign  ' CPPFLAGS=''         \
	      LDFLAGS='' MAKE='make' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"; \
	fi;
gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.
-I/Users/Mario/Development/emacs/src -Dtemacs    -g -O2
-Wno-pointer-sign   nsterm.m
In file included from nsterm.h:20,
                 from nsterm.m:41:
dispextern.h:1250: error: array type has incomplete element type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_color_to_lisp’:
nsterm.m:1499: warning: passing argument 1 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1499: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1499: warning: passing argument 3 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1499: warning: passing argument 4 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1503: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘getWhite:alpha:’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1503: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘getWhite:alpha:’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1504: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m:1504: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m:1504: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m:1510: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m:1510: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m:1510: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf format
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_query_color’:
nsterm.m:1528: warning: passing argument 1 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1528: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1528: warning: passing argument 3 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1528: warning: passing argument 4 of
‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘note_mouse_movement’:
nsterm.m:1693: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘remember_mouse_glyph’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_mouse_position’:
nsterm.m:1762: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘remember_mouse_glyph’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’:
nsterm.m:2479: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2479: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2482: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2482: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct _NSRect’
nsterm.m:2482: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_dumpglyphs_stretch’:
nsterm.m:2850: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_draw_glyph_string’:
nsterm.m:2934: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2951: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2963: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2975: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:3008: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView keyDown:]’:
nsterm.m:4536: warning: ‘wantsToDelayTextChangeNotifications’ is
deprecated (declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h:112)
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView characterIndexForPoint:]’:
nsterm.m:4745: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(unsigned
int)characterIndexForPoint:(NSPoint)thePoint’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h:45:
warning: previous declaration of
‘-(NSUInteger)characterIndexForPoint:(NSPoint)thePoint’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView initFrameFromEmacs:]’:
nsterm.m:5144: warning: class 'EmacsView' does not implement the
'NSWindowDelegate' protocol
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView draggingEntered:]’:
nsterm.m:5422: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(unsigned
int)draggingEntered:(id <NSDraggingInfo>)sender’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSDragging.h:56:
warning: previous declaration of
‘-(NSDragOperation)draggingEntered:(id <NSDraggingInfo>)sender’
nsterm.m: In function ‘+[EmacsScroller scrollerWidth]’:
nsterm.m:5707: warning: conflicting types for ‘+(float)scrollerWidth’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:76:
warning: previous declaration of ‘+(CGFloat)scrollerWidth’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller setPosition:portion:whole:]’:
nsterm.m:5837: warning: ‘setFloatValue:knobProportion:’ is deprecated
(declared at /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:107)
nsterm.m:5844: warning: ‘setFloatValue:knobProportion:’ is deprecated
(declared at /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:107)
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller mouseDown:]’:
nsterm.m:5949: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3
has type ‘NSScrollerPart’
make[1]: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2