Subject: Re: bug#42968: Potential FSDG issue with GNOME Boxes

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 15:35:41 +0200

Hi,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 06:04:39PM +0200, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
>> The list of operating systems in GNOME Boxes' ‘Create a Virtual Machine’ &
>> ‘Operating System Download’ menus has the same potential problems that
>> GNUtoo describes here[0].
>
> Thanks! Can anyone offer a patch to fix this?

It seems that Parabola hides the download button altogether:

  https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/libre/gnome-boxes/hide_download_button.patch

But it seems we can instead tweak ‘data/recommended-downloads.xml’:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!--
  These are OSes listed in the recommended section of the "Download an OS" page.

  This list is powered by libosinfo, therefore the URLs are unique identifiers
  for each OS in osinfo-db.

  Downstreams are encouraged to tweak the list as they wish. Sorting is also
  available.
 -->
<list>
  <os_id>http://redhat.com/rhel/8.2</os_id>
  <os_id>http://fedoraproject.org/fedora/32</os_id>
  <os_id>http://fedoraproject.org/silverblue/32</os_id>
  <os_id>http://ubuntu.com/ubuntu/20.04</os_id>
  <os_id>http://opensuse.org/opensuse/15.1</os_id>
  <os_id>http://debian.org/debian/10</os_id>
  <os_id>http://endlessos.com/eos/3.8</os_id>
</list>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In parallel, it’d be nice to submit a patch adding Guix to ‘osinfo-db’:

  https://gitlab.com/libosinfo/osinfo-db/-/tree/master/data/os

Any takers?  :-)

Ludo’.