Subject: 23.1; Change bookmark comments to docstring.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:45:53 +0200

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Hi,

many functions in bookmark.el have comments instead of docstring, could
you please fix that.

e.g

,----
| (defun bookmark-maybe-sort-alist ()
|   ;;Return the bookmark-alist for display.  If the bookmark-sort-flag
|   ;;is non-nil, then return a sorted copy of the alist.
`----

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.1/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.5)
 of 2009-07-31 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  eldoc-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  icicle-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> SPC t o SPC C-M-` C-M-y <down> <return> <right> 
. C-c C-c <S-up> C-x C-s C-x C-& <f5> a q <tab> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <return> <down> <return> 
<f11> a <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> g <down> 
C-c I <down> <return> <f11> & <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> M f <up> M p <f11> & <f11> a <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <return> g C M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p 
M-p M-p <return> y <f11> a <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> b y <up> <up> u g L y C-x C-& C-x r l <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
C-g C-x r l <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> C-o o C-g <S-up> C-x C-& t t q M-x s 
e n d <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g <f5> a p b b u u g g C-g M-x s u b m i <tab> <tab> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g <f5> a p b u u g g <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> C-g M-x r e p o r t <tab> <down> <re
turn>

Recent messages:
Load: 1 file.
Region is from 67 to 327
Quit
Region is from 67 to 327 [2 times]
Quit
Computing completion candidates...

Computing completion candidates... [2 times]

Computing completion candidates...

-- 
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France