Subject: Re: bug#42944: [feature/native-comp] Build fails with Guix/Nix: Symbol's value as variable is void: auto-save-list-file-prefix

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:58:05 +0000

[email-masked] writes:

> As of commit 8a931a97b8dd19a38d6f719f810280a07ba76438 the build fails
> on nix:

Hi thanks for the report, I've reverted 8a931a97b8.

What's going on is that hashing the eln based on the last mod time
simply breaks make install as the last modification time is not
preserved precisely.

I think we could work out the makefile to try to preserve that but I
believe is worth trying to hash using the .el file content and see if it
has a performance impact or not.  If viable I believe would be a more
robust solution.

I propose we hash like filename-path_hash-content_hash.eln so we can
clean-up the eln-cache folders when recompiling or when we want.

Could you please check in the meanwhile that is back working for you?

Thanks!

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]