Subject: [feature/native-comp] Build fails with Guix/Nix: Symbol's value as variable is void: auto-save-list-file-prefix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 17:07:35 -0700

As of commit 8a931a97b8dd19a38d6f719f810280a07ba76438 the build fails
on nix:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/source/lib-src'
/nix/store/gd3nl6hcc8mzq8fmxdvl6czh3l0n4la5-coreutils-8.31/bin/install
-c  src/emacs "/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-emacs-gcc-
20200819.0/bin/`echo emacs-28.0.50 | sed 's,x,x,'`"
/nix/store/gd3nl6hcc8mzq8fmxdvl6czh3l0n4la5-coreutils-8.31/bin/install
-c -m 644 src/emacs.pdmp "/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-
emacs-gcc-20200819.0/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-
gnu"/emacs.pdmp
chmod 755 "/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-emacs-gcc-
20200819.0/bin/`echo emacs-28.0.50 | sed 's,x,x,'`"
rm -f "/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-emacs-gcc-
20200819.0/bin/`echo emacs | sed 's,x,x,'`"
cd "/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-emacs-gcc-
20200819.0/bin" && ln -s "`echo emacs-28.0.50 | sed 's,x,x,'`" "`echo
emacs | sed 's,x,x,'`"
make -C lib-src maybe-blessmail
make[1]: Entering directory '/build/source/lib-src'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'maybe-blessmail'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/source/lib-src'
find eln-cache -type f -exec
/nix/store/gd3nl6hcc8mzq8fmxdvl6czh3l0n4la5-coreutils-8.31/bin/install
-c -m 644 -D "{}" ""/nix/store/bx0wjfyvjlx0zc99xlzwa0q76fgmy1rr-emacs-
gcc-20200819.0/libexec/emacs/28.0.50/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/"{}" \;
Symbol's value as variable is void: auto-save-list-file-prefix
builder for '/nix/store/sg8b2y9zz2n9fj1gk2mzh71k18izcdyh-emacs-gcc-
20200819.0.drv' failed with exit code 255
cannot build derivation '/nix/store/w8sp6xr9qkkf9kwms77vz9v76wgrw3wl-
emacsGccWrapped.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation '/nix/store/304qc313r1icpk1xp6908q8bidh4di60-
emacsGccWrapped-with-packages-.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation '/nix/store/v3q747lpsbigmydg4dic5hd5nymirc9g-
home-manager-path.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation '/nix/store/lckdw9lr4g3p15acd9540fnc0yn7s0mv-
home-manager-generation.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
error: build of '/nix/store/lckdw9lr4g3p15acd9540fnc0yn7s0mv-home-
manager-generation.drv' failed

and on guix:

starting phase `install-site-start'
Symbol’s value as variable is void: auto-save-list-file-prefix
command "/gnu/store/dwbadnkpjkk5wibvy32hzq6zi96if2r4-emacs-native-comp-
28.0.50-0.8a931a9/bin/emacs" "--quick" "--batch" "--eval=(progn (setq
byte-compile-debug t) (byte-recompile-directory (file-name-as-directory 
\"/gnu/store/dwbadnkpjkk5wibvy32hzq6zi96if2r4-emacs-native-comp-
28.0.50-0.8a931a9/share/emacs/site-lisp\") 0 1))" failed with status
255