Subject: bug#42923: closed (Re: [bug#42923] [core-updates]: Add meson/latest and update wayland/sway.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 19:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#42923: [core-updates]: Add meson/latest and update wayland/sway.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
42923: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42923
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#42923] [core-updates]: Add meson/latest and update wayland/sway.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 14:46:29 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 09:57:26AM +1000, Brendan Tildesley wrote:
> I wanted to update sway but it requires a an update to wayland and meson,
> which rebuilds thousands of things. I'm not sure the full process for
> updating something like meson and wayland but I wanted to get the ball
> rolling so I made these patches that add meson/latest and update sway
> applied to the core-updates branch. I had tested them on master and and was
> able to launch sway 1.5 just fine.

Unfortunately, it appears that somebody else pushed equivalent changes
without noticing these patches :/

Subject: [core-updates]: Add meson/latest and update wayland/sway.
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 09:57:26 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I wanted to update sway but it requires a an update to wayland and 
meson, which rebuilds thousands of things. I'm not sure the full process 
for updating something like meson and wayland but I wanted to get the 
ball rolling so I made these patches that add meson/latest and update 
sway applied to the core-updates branch. I had tested them on master and 
and was able to launch sway 1.5 just fine.