Subject: bug#42916: 26.3; `view-lossage': include timestamp

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Possible enhancement:

If bug #38796 gets taken care of then users could have very long
`view-lossage' logs (if they choose).

Especially in such a context, it could be useful to provide a timestamp
with each event.  This could be via a `help-echo' property, for example.
Or it could be made available as a separate column, or in some other
way.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense with the current state of the
output, but with much longer logs it could be helpful.

A `help-echo' property provides a tooltip, but it won't help with
searching.  A UI that lets you search, or filter (e.g. `occur') on not
only the event/key/command name but also the time/date, could be useful.

Just a thought.  `view-lossage' is essentially a log.  It could be made
more useful than it is now, I expect.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''