Subject: Re: bug#42906: [feature/native-comp] out-of-tree build process broken

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 18:49:53 +0000

Ovidiu Toader <[email-masked]> writes:

> When feature/native-comp branch is built out-of-tree, emacs cannot find the .eln files during start.
>
> The patch below fixes this issue. The problem is caused by the fact
> that during an out-of-tree build, default-directory points inside the
> build tree while the .eln files are found in the source tree and
> because of that the subsequent replace-regexp-in-string fails to
> adjust the file path of the compilation unit.

Hi Ovidiu,

thanks for the feedback and the patch!

I just pushed this evening a branch that reworks also the eln file
placement on the file-system and partially this mechanism.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-08/msg00535.html

It should cure also this problem.

It would be great if you cold try it out and give a feedback if it works
for you.

Thanks!

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]