Subject: bug#42889: 28.0.50; make-pointer-invisible t should work also for navigation commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:51:11 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please consider the following feature request:
>
> 0. emacs -Q
> 1. (setq make-pointer-invisible t)
> 2. M-x customize-group RET RET
> 3. Move mouse pointer over e.g. "Editing" to highlight it
> 4. C-n C-p C-f C-b
>
> Result: "Editing" is still highlighted.
>
> Desired result: "Editing" is _not_ highlighted.

I'm not quite sure I understand this report.  `make-pointer-invisible'
makes the pointer invisible when you type something -- not when you use
point movement commands like `C-n'.  So Emacs seems to be behaving as
intended here.

If I go to the "Search" entry field and type something in the Customize
buffer, then the mouse pointer disappears, and the highlight over
"Editing" also disappears.

(But this is with the current trunk -- perhaps something has been fixed
in the year since this was reported?  Or I might be misunderstanding
something in the recipe.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no