Subject: bug#42887: 28.0.50; Customize Group doesn't show/hide option on repeated clicking

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 16:20:53 -0300

On 11/9/23 15:01, Stefan Kangas wrote:
 > Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:
 >
 >> I don't know why I couldn't reproduce it three years ago, but I managed
 >> to do that now, I think.
 >>
 >> Could you please check if the following change to
 >> widget-button-release-event-p fixes this for you?
 >>
 >> (defun widget-button-release-event-p (event)
 >>    "Non-nil if EVENT is a mouse-button-release event object."
 >>    (and (eventp event)
 >>         (memq (event-basic-type event) '(mouse-1 mouse-2 mouse-3))
 >>         (seq-some (lambda (el)
 >>                     (memq el '(click drag triple double)))
 >>                   (event-modifiers event))))
 >>
 >>
 >> Please do try it with mouse-1 and mouse-2 if you can.
 >>
 >> (I know that the mark gets set with repeating clicks with mouse-1,
 >> and there's a signal with mouse-2, but I'm focusing on whether this
 >> changes fixes the detection of repeated clicks)
 >
 > Thanks.
 >
 > I don't currently have convenient access to the machine where I can
 > reproduce this, and it will be at least another couple of weeks until I
 > do.  Apologies in advance if it takes a while before I can review this.

OK, no problem, of course.  There are other bugs to focus in the
meantime :-).

 > If someone else can reproduce and this patch fixes it for them, that
 > works too.

I see I failed to CC people that participated in this report. Sorry,
doing that now.  For reproducing, the recipe given by Stefan is pretty
good, but I would like to add that in my experience is better to make
the repeated clicks as if you wanted to double click, but maybe not so
fast.

Try to not move the mouse, and if the option doesn't toggle, wait.
There might be something in the echo area like:
double-down-mouse-1 double-mouse-1-