Subject: Regarding Patch 4

From: Prafulla Giri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 08:56:30 +0545

Hey there Mr. Tildesley,

Without knowing that this was going on, I worked on, and sent a patch to
fix the QtWebEngineProcess issue yesterday:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43249

My patch also fixes this issue, but without appending things to PYTHONPATH.
And it works just the same.

Since you say, sir, that you copied the wrap-phase from Anki to fix the
issue, and I manually poked around with things, grepping the output of
`env` and stuff to deal with it - I wonder if I have stumbled upon the bare
minimum changes necessary to resolve this issue.

I would like to request that you, and other esteemed contributors, test my
patch. And, if it seems good to you, I would like to request that you
incorporate my patch in this change set.

Attached are the wrappers for `ebook-viewer`: with your patch applied, and
with my patch applied, for anyone to compare.

Please do let me know if there are any insufficiencies in my solution, or
if it does not work for anybody else (I did use --pure option with `guix
environment`).

Thank you