Subject: [bug#42885] [PATCH 23/27] gnu: calibre: Update to 5.13.0.

From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 13:17:43 +0200 (CEST)

> On 04/08/2021 6:28 AM Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>  
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 06:11:55AM +0200, Brendan Tildesley wrote:
> > Well, using a python-pyqt with the python-sip input set back to python-sip-4 fixes it. Do we want to commit to getting it working with python-sip@5. I'm still playing around with it trying to get it to build
> 
> I think it's okay to use python-sip-4, unless you want to hunt down this
> bug.

Fixed I think.
Also I deleted the unused python2-sip (in my notabug)

From 6143e197e1caf55d4c0a29aad01f07ca6c73bec8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 20:49:57 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: qgis: Fix build.

* gnu/packages/geo.scm (qgis):[arguments]: Add another hack in the
'configure-pyqt5-sip-path phase to fix build failure caused by the
upgrade to python-sip@5.

The reason for this is that python-sip@5 introduces some changes such as
a new build system 'sip-build' as well as the use of the path
"/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/*/bindings/" instead of "/share/sip/" for
.sip files. However, we do not actually use that those yet. Qgis detects
SIP5 and assumes we are, messing up the build. The long term solution is
to fully upgrade SIP, use sip-build and fix all failing packages, but
for now I just want to get the build working.
---
 gnu/packages/geo.scm | 6 +++++-
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/geo.scm b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
index bc5e6820f3..baa95f3cc3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/geo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
@@ -2082,7 +2082,11 @@ growing set of geoscientific methods.")
                (("sip_dir = cfg.default_sip_dir")
                 (string-append "sip_dir = \""
                                (assoc-ref inputs "python-pyqt+qscintilla")
-                               "/share/sip\"")))
+                               "/share/sip\""))
+               ((".pyqt_sip_dir...os.path.join.*,")
+                (string-append "'pyqt_sip_dir': \""
+                               (assoc-ref inputs "python-pyqt+qscintilla")
+                               "/share/sip"  "\",")))
              (substitute* (list "scripts/prepare_commit.sh"
                                 "scripts/qstringfixup.sh"
                                 "scripts/release.pl"
-- 
2.31.1