Subject: [bug#42885] Merge wip-swc

From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 09:17:23 +1100

On 12/10/20 5:23 pm, Arun Isaac wrote:
> I have merged wip-swc into master. Should this bug report be closed now?
> Is there any pending work here related to calibre? We need a typescript
> build system that uses swc. But, we should handle that in a separate bug
> report.
>
> Thanks!

Thank you very much.

I'm kind of worried how long it will take to get that build system. Even 
if we have it, will it really succeed at building MathJax so easily? If 
it's going to take a while, I'm tempted to just update Calibre without 
mathjax support. In theory I'm willing to do work to help but it all 
seems rather advanced for me, so i'm glad to see you make progress. 
What's the next step?

Calibre 5+ is out now which is on python3. I could even create a 
calibre-next so that both [email-masked] exists and calibre will be 
[email-masked], utilizing Guix's design.