Subject: bug#4285: 23.1; speedbar crash

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:16:42 -0400

frog wrote:

> This is happened very often,when I use speedbar to chose file to
> open.The speedbar crashed with no prompt and make the emacs closed
> too.

Please can you give a recipe starting from `emacs -Q' that shows how
to make this happen.

It would also be helpful if you could produce a backtrace (run emacs
under gdb, type `bt full' after the crash). It's even more helpful if
you can first recompile emacs with CFLAGS="-O0 -g", and then run gdb
from the Emacs src/ directory.

> In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of
> 2009-07-30 on Android Windowing system distributor `The X.Org
> Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
[...]
> Recent messages:
> Loading /home/frog/.xemacs/init.el (source)...done
> Loading /home/frog/.xemacs/custom.el (source)...done
> Loading /home/frog/.viper...done