Subject: bug#42835: 26.3; Doc of `cl-' functions, (cl) Naming Conventions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 14:34:10 +0100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> This node has a list of functions and macros, some of which have
> footnotes.  I don't understand the footnotes (which are not sentences,
> BTW).
>
> For example, `cl-incf' has footnote [1], which says:
>
>  [1] Only when PLACE is a plain variable name.

This is modifying the statement before the table:

---
The following simple functions and macros are defined in @file{cl-lib.el};
they do not cause other components like @file{cl-extra} to be loaded.
---

> Similarly for the other names and their footnotes.

Same for them.

> The manual entry for `cl-pushnew' is even worse.  It talks only about
> `eql' and doesn't say anything about :test.  There's an xref to node
> `Lists as Sets' for info about the keyword args, but that node also says
> nothing about :test.  Instead, that node just punts further, to node
> `Sequences'.

I've now removed the eql claim, and punted the explanation for :test to
"Lists as Sets".

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no