Subject: Re: bug#42832: 28.0.50; "Bus error" when compiling Emacs now on Debian bullseye

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:48:56 +0200

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> Can you find out which hash table lives at 0x7ffff19a41a8? I'd suggest
> something like "find &globals,&globals+1,0x7ffff19a41ad" to get the
> offset in globals, if it is a global variable, then looking it up with
> "ptype/o globals".

That's the value from mark_vectorlike?  It's moved a bit:

#9  0x00005555556d6d7e in mark_vectorlike (header=header@entry=0x7ffff19a4190)
    at alloc.c:6280

But it says:

(gdb) find &globals,&globals+1,0x7ffff19a4190
Pattern not found.

> (If you don't have the time, I'd be happy to look at the core file
> myself, if we can arrange that).

The machine is unfortunately deep inside my private network, so there's
no easy way to allow ssh to it...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no