Subject: bug#42812: 27.1; (wrong-type-argument stringp (require . info))

From: Dmitrii Kuragin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 09:44:11 -0700

Clean emacs with intalled a couple of packages (helm and dash). The
problem appears when I install `dash` and adter some investigation the
root cause is generated file `dir`. Once I deleted the file, everything
operating normally. I createad a bug for dash.el
(https://github.com/magnars/dash.el/issues/343) package, but looks like
the issue is in Emacs 27.1, I also experienced the same issue with all
pretest version. After rolling back to 26.3 everythng work well.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1894.50
Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101))
 of 2020-08-11 built on kuragin-macbookpro.roam.corp.google.com
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.5

Recent messages:
Sending...
Already sent message via mail; resend? (y or n) y
Sending via mail...
Sending...
Already sent message via mail; resend? (y or n) y
Sending via mail...
Save this mail sending choice? (y or n) n
Sending...done
Mark activated
C-c C-c is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-ff-cache-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream nsm smtpmail mailalias mailclient misearch multi-isearch
pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree
cl-print debug cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs image-file helm-external helm-net xml
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap ffap winner thingatpt cl-extra helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace help-mode find-func helm-info
paren helm-mode helm-files tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur
helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm easy-mmode async-bytecomp advice
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async info package browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cus-edit easymenu cus-load wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip cus-start eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 395754 165731)
 (symbols 48 32010 63)
 (strings 32 91690 25738)
 (string-bytes 1 3748215)
 (vectors 16 69455)
 (vector-slots 8 1601407 264896)
 (floats 8 275 895)
 (intervals 56 1500 1676)
 (buffers 1000 22))