Subject: Re: [bug#42807] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: darktable: Update to 3.2.1.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 22:12:52 -0300

Brett Gilio writes:

> Hey, is this issue with GCC reported upstream? I'm not opposed 
> to
> compiling against clang<++>, especially since it is already in 
> the
> closure for the package. But if there is a reported issue for 
> this, the
> ticket number should be referenced in the comment 
> ideally. Otherwise,
> could you report it?

I debugged the build with -K and the problem seems to be this tiny 
detail:

`ld: cannot find -lpthreads`

>From a quick read online, -lpthreads is Clang syntax. In GCC it's 
only
-lpthread or -pthread. That flag is not changed for GCC. Some 
 other flags are
also using -s termination which GCC doesn't recognize.

I'm not sure who's at fault here. I may be missing something in 
the
build steps, but I don't have enough time to investigate this.

The ticket/issue that more closely matches this problem is #5185 
and GCC 8+ is
officially supported by Darktable.