Subject: bug#42805: 27.1; cc-mode/syntax/font-lock bug

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 19:27:34 +0000

Hello, Gustavo.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 19:10:11 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Gustavo Tavares Cabral <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:55:40 -0300
> > Cc: [email-masked]

> > I have found two related issues. Both are evident in csharp-mode, but 
> > can easily be reproduced in c-mode. 

> > Issue 1 (cc-mode.el): 

> >   When c-multiline-string-start-char is set, font locking breaks after 
> >   changes in string literals. The issue started after commit 2ca12bb3de:
> >   I believe that '(c-remove-string-fences (car end-limits))' should be 
> >   '(c-remove-string-fences (1- (cdr end-limits)))' 

> >   Steps to reproduce: 
> >     1. Open a .c file; 
> >     2. Eval '(setq c-multiline-string-start-char ?@)'; 
> >     3. Delete/insert double quotes. 

I've just done this, and not noticed anything adrift other than
exceptionally long delays in making the changes.  Would you please state
more precisely what the problem is that you see.  Thanks!

> >   I think this issue is related:
> >   https://github.com/Fuco1/smartparens/issues/992 

> > Issue 2 (maybe syntax.el): 

[ Dealt with in a separate post. ]

> Alan, could you please take a look?  Would it be possible to fix this
> for Emacs 27.2?

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).