Subject: Re: Linux-libre 'deblob-check' file-names do not include a version number

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:16:36 -0400

I've attached a patch that should prevent this kind of mistake in the
future.

We should queue it up to be pushed with the next kernel updates (on the
kernel-updates branch).
From e9ca6405e351baf4356a7300aa252d25056a322c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:40:49 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Use a descriptive file-name for linux-libre
 'deblob-check' scripts.

Fixes <https://bugs.gnu.org/42789>.

* gnu/packages/linux.scm (linux-libre-deblob-scripts): Use file-name for
the deblob-check script.
---
 gnu/packages/linux.scm | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index a2d6d384ee..9d553e7772 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -200,6 +200,7 @@ defconfig.  Return the appropriate make target if applicable, otherwise return
           (uri (string-append "https://linux-libre.fsfla.org"
                               "/pub/linux-libre/releases/" version "-gnu/"
                               "deblob-check"))
+          (file-name (string-append "linux-libre-" version "-deblob-check"))
           (sha256 deblob-check-hash))))
 
 (define deblob-scripts-5.8
-- 
2.28.0