Subject: bug#42775: 27.1; mhtml-mode eval errorr in c-lang-defvar or c-lang-setvar

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 14:53:07 +0300

When html file is opened with the default html major mode mhtml-mode the
minibuffer will show this error message:

    Eval error in the ‘c-lang-defvar’ or ‘c-lang-setvar’ for
    ‘font-lock-comment-end-skip’ (fallback source eval - js-mode compiled
    with CC Mode 5.34 but loaded with 5.34.1): (error
    "‘c-font-lock-comment-end-skip’ got no (prior) value in js-mode (might
    be a cyclic reference)") [2 times] mhtml-mode

I think this can be seen with any html file but I have attached a simple
"test.html" for testing.

    emacs -Q test.html

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2020-08-03 built on mithlond
Repository revision: 72c5f71cd45c860299950cd058d8e13b87375741
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
Mark set
Saving file /home/dtw/tmp/test.html...
Wrote /home/dtw/tmp/test.html
Mark set
Saving file /home/dtw/tmp/test.html...
Wrote /home/dtw/tmp/test.html
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file /home/dtw/tmp/test.html...
Wrote /home/dtw/tmp/test.html
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
 --with-wide-int --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fi_FI.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: notmuch-hello

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/omat/elisp/loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail tabify man mm-archive bug-reference
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
transient git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async shell dash char-fold
misearch multi-isearch mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url url-queue js
imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode conf-mode notmuch-jump org-agenda
org-indent org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func vc-git bookmark pp cl-extra help-mode parse-time
iso8601 timezone nnheader sort mail-extr shr-color color shr url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util svg xml dom mule-util notmuch hl-line notmuch-hello
wid-edit notmuch-tree notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode
easy-mmode coolj notmuch-query goto-addr thingatpt icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs suomalainen-kalenteri solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib advice
notmuch-version notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
server ido undo-tree diff paren winner ring rx message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader edmacro
kmacro finder-inf tex-site slime-autoloads info package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 663593 58584)
 (symbols 48 36208 1)
 (strings 32 173038 13892)
 (string-bytes 1 4897405)
 (vectors 16 66906)
 (vector-slots 8 1587354 82208)
 (floats 8 909 306)
 (intervals 56 45435 396)
 (buffers 1000 122))

-- 
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/
// OpenPGP: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450