Subject: bug#42761: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] allow customizing command line/driver options?

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:41:33 +0000

Andreas Fuchs <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the notes - I've pushed an updated version that includes
> the (hopefully) corrected #if / #pragma usage to remain compatible on
> windows, broke the long line & resolved the merge conflict against
> the latest HEAD of feature/native-comp.
>
> I also just got word from the FSF that my copyright assignment for
> GNU Emacs is completed (and received the countersigned assignment
> papers as PDF) - if the patch looks good to you, I think legally
> you're ok to merge (-:

Hi Andreas,

Super thanks!

I've rebased your branched, did some minor changes (broke two long lines
and squashed two commits).

I pushed it in scratch/native-comp-gcc-driver-options as I was thinking:

Okay if the libgccjit feature is not available we raise an error, but
how the user is supposed to test for this feature without compiling?

'comp-libgccjit-version' starts working only if gcc_jit_version_major is
available otherwise return nil, and I added gcc_jit_version_major into
GCC10 :/

We need to offer a way to the user to check for that before going for
compilation.  The only idea I've at the moment is that we expose a
function to set these instead of using 'comp-native-driver-options'.

Any thoughts?

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]