Subject: bug#42759: Flint license is wrong

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 21:09:05 +0200

Max,

Max Horn 写道：
> What, that the license is lgpl2.1+ ?

Yes.

> That's what the website states (right at the top of the front 
> page), along with an explanation that the license changed from 
> 2.5 to 2.6. It is also what the README and the LICENSE files 
> state.

I'm aware.  That's why I considered it implausible that...

> whoever updated the package from 2.5.2 to 2.6.0 did not pay 
> attention and missed the license change.

Of course only Jakub (CC'd) can know for sure.  :-)

I opened an issue[0] upstream earlier today but no reply yet.  If 
these GPL2+ headers are meaningful *in any jurisdiction*, we 
*can't* claim that our FLINT is LGPL2+.  Nor can upstream.

I was unable to build FLINT without these files.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues/812