Subject: bug#42753: 26.3; `info-lookup.el': Add all manuals delivered by `emacs -Q', for `emacs-lisp-mode'

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 18:23:38 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> They are integrated in the Emacs source tree, so we could negotiate with
>> the maintainers. Even if we cannot change all manuals this way, the
>> number of exceptions in info-lookup would decrease.
>
> I meant the likes of Python manual, the glibc manual, and others.
> Good luck negotiating with them.  And then there's always a
> possibility that the user will want to add some manual we know nothing
> about.

My reply was about Emacs integrated manuals.

> I think a better solution will be to be tolerant, i.e. look for nodes
> that contain "index", and maybe also "function" or "variable", in them
> regardless of the rest.

Sure. Same for *ELPA manuals. But I believe we also should use some
conventions for manuals under our control.

Best regards, Michael.