Subject: bug#42753: 26.3; `info-lookup.el': Add all manuals delivered by `emacs -Q', for `emacs-lisp-mode'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 15:36:48 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, indeed.  But looking at the code, it seems like the basic info-look
> infrastructure doesn't really want to support Eli's idea here.  That is,
> for `emacs-lisp-mode', we want to register a bunch of regexps that map
> to different manuals (i.e., if the symbol starts with rmail, look in the
> rmail manual and so on), but there's just one regexp per mode.
>
> So it seems like a bigger rewrite is necessary here, unfortunately.

I've now made some headway here, and it basically works now for many of
the "misc" manuals.  The remaining problem is that there's not a
standardised way to name the indices (eww has "lisp function index"
instead of "function index", for instance), so I think I have to extend
info-look with a way to get all the index nodes or something.

Or rename the index nodes in the manuals to all follow the same naming
conventions...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no