Subject: [bug#42751] [PATCH] gnu: Add cfunge.

From: Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 22:50:33 +0200

On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 05:02:40PM +0000, Hendur Saga wrote:
> I added a new file, esolangs.scm, because I could not find any other place to be more appropriate, for this and forthcoming packages.

Not a bad idea, though toys.scm somewhat fits. Please add the new file
to the list in gnu/local.mk, though.

Also, could you run your code through etc/indent-code.el?

> +   (arguments
> +     '(#:tests? #f)) ; no make target 'test'

The repository does contain a tests/ folder, did you try running these?
You can check the rgbds package from assembly.scm for some inspiration
as to how you can handle a custom testsuite entrypoint.

> +   (inputs
> +    `(("ncurses" ,ncurses)))
> +   (home-page "https://github.com/VorpalBlade/cfunge")
> +   (synopsis "Fast conforming Befunge93/98/109 interpreter in C")
> +   (description "cfunge is a fast conforming Befunge93/98/109 interpreter written in C.
           @command{cfunge}

> +It supports several fingerprints.")

It would be nice to define what a fingerprint is, as even though there
was once a summer when I was fluent in Befunge, I still needed a longer
moment to recall what those are. How about this Texinfo markup?

@dfn{fingerprints} (opt-in language extensions identified by a
four-character code).

> +   (license license:gpl2+)))

COPYING and the headers in src/*.c (well, I checked diagnostic.c)
suggest that it's actually gpl3+, what gives?

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
Jakub Kądziołka

P.S. I tried to test the package by running this CGCC answer in it, but
it loops infinitely. I didn't have time to debug this, so I don't know
where the blame lies.

https://codegolf.stackexchange.com/a/150920/55934