Subject: 26.3; Elisp manual, `Lambda Components' and `Defining Functions'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 11:30:44 -0700 (PDT)

In the Elisp manual, I looked for doc describing a lambda list, to point
a user to it.

I tried `i lambda list', which took me to `Lambda Components'.  But
there's nothing there that explains the lambda list
`(ARG-VARIABLES...)'.  And no link to any doc that explains/describes
it.

I tried `i defun', which took me to `Defining Functions'.  But again,
there's nothing there that explains ARGS (syntax, meanings, etc.).  And
no link to any doc that explains/describes that argument list.

Finally, I tried `i arg TAB', and used `argument lists, features', which
took me to `Argument List', which provides the description.  This is
also what's typically called a "lambda list", FWIW.

Please provide links from the first two topics to topic `Argument List',
or otherwise provide the missing descriptions of `(ARG-VARIABLES...)'
and ARGS.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''